The NSW Ministry of Health and the Multicultural Health Communication Service provides guidance for programs, services and activities involving and affecting culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
These strategic directions, plans, standard procedures and guidelines provide a supportive environment for evidence informed practice.
NSW Ministry of Health Multicultural Health Policies and Guidelines
- NSW Health Policy and Implementation Plan for Healthy Culturally Diverse Communities 2012-2016
- Refugee Health Plan 2011-2016
- Clinical/ Patient Services - Non-English speaking
- Multilingual Health Resources by AHS, DoH and NGOs Funded by NSW Health (Guidelines for Production)
- Health Services for Culturally Diverse Society An Implementation Plan (21Mb)
- Non-English Speaking Background - Standard Procedures - Improved Access Area/Public Health Services
- Interpreters - Standard Procedures for Working with Health Care Interpreters
- Strategic Directions in Refugee Health Care in NSW
- Strategic Directions for the NSW Multicultural Health Communication Service 2012-2015
- Standards for the production of documents to be added to a MHCS website
- Multicultural Health Services and Programs in NSW
- Translation and Checking Guidelines for Health Staff